[Gllug] User Internet monitoring

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Jun 12 16:00:59 UTC 2003

On Thu 12 Jun, Stephen Harker bloviated thus:

> "Any pornographic content is strictly banned!! PCs will be periodically
> checked and any user found to have this material on their PC will have all
> Internet permissions removed and will face other repercussions. Any activity
> of this nature will be deemed gross misconduct and will be dealt with
> accordingly."

One man's pornography is another man's art.  You probably should talk
about "offensive material", which is what you're really talking
about.  I personally have no problem with sexual material but have had
work colleagues (in past jobs) who I've had to upbraid for sending
offensive material with no sexual content -- and only because it's
offensive to me and creates a hostile work environment for ME.  This
is the reason for such phrases, not just porn.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Why sir, there is every possibility that you will soon be
able to tax it!

- Michael Faraday 1791-1867: to Gladstone, when asked about
the usefulness of electricity

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk