[Gllug] Red hat 8 subscription

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed Jun 4 08:26:37 UTC 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> > If you'd like a lifetime supply of free production grade updates provided
> > by the world's most advanced package management system backed with a
> > rigorous QA system see http://www.debian.org/
>
> OK, let's say I buy this. How do I move from RH to Debian without massive
> pain?

It's not particularly hard.

They key is to understand the services you are running and, before you
make the switch, build a debian box with those services to see the
differences. They are small so you should not have any trouble converting
once you decide to do so.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/ 			Sign up now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk