[Gllug] Email Folders

Simon Faulkner simon at titanic.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 21:13:13 UTC 2003

Please may I ask a question which may demonstrate a total lack of email
understanding?

I am used to receiving email in Outlook using POP3 from my linux box which
runs Postfix (stock RH8)
The rules wizard does a good job of allocating all the email to their
correct folders in Outlook.

But, I would like to use IMAP so I can access my mail via Mozilla Mail,
Outlook and Squirrel Mail as required.

When email comes in via Exim (or Postfix) I would like to use procmail to
allocate it to different folders but does this then mean that it can't be
read by POP3 anymore?

What folders does procmail use?  Just standard folders in your ~ directory?

Sorry if this is dull but no one gives the 'big picture'.

TIA

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk