[Gllug] open source document sharing portal

Thomas Charles Robinson robinstc at ocean.com.au
Thu Jun 19 17:47:03 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 16:20, Jason Clifford wrote:
> On 19 Jun 2003, Thomas Charles Robinson wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of an open source solution to document sharing?
> >
> > Something so that users can:
> >  - Find, share, and publish information easily
> >  - Interface through a Web portal
>
> I've seen numerous suggestions so far in response to this however nobody
> seems to have asked what kind of documents you mean.

Absolutely right!

> Are the documents in a proprietary format or something easily parsed (ie
> text based)?

Mostly M$ Office, pdf's

> Are they from multiple incompatible applications or a single application
> or suite of applications?

Not immediately. Once people start using this app. though, they will
probably want to. So yes, then.

> Do you need versioning?

Yes

> Are there any other particular requirements?

There always are but I'm not sure what they are just now.

t.

__--__-- Prizes are for children. -- Charles Ives, upon being given, but
refusing, the Pulitzer prize