[Gllug] spews blacklist/squid

Ashley Evans k0210244 at kingston.ac.uk
Mon Jun 2 18:18:47 UTC 2003

> Squid could still be used to relay spam; listening on the interface above
> means only that the mail would have to come from an infected internal
> machine. Outbound traffic from the Squiddy would still propagate out to the
> Internet.
> - --
> Alistair

Could somebody point me to an explaination of how a proxy can be used in this
way. Of course I don't want to spam but I am interested in how this works and
can be defended against/tracked. I am running squid atm but it's firewalled
against all incomming trafic not on the local subnet.

Thanks,

Ashley.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk