[Gllug] Hardware

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Jun 17 15:49:22 UTC 2003

Rev Simon Rumble writes:

>> Anyone but Scan. I personally use http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk
>
>I've actually found them to be okay, provided you don't use their
>online returns system.  Pick up the phone, wade through the thick
>Northern accent at the other end of the line, get an RMA, post your
>return registered post.  When the Royal Mail tells you it's arrived,
>call again and ask what's happening.

You experience is somewhat different from mine. Pick up the phone,
try to call them to get an RMA. Wait in a queue, listening to cheesy
music for 2 hours, get cut off. Repeat. After the third item I was
unable to return to them because they wouldn't answer thier phone
to give me a return code, I haven't dealt with them again. Others
I've spoken to have had the same experience, too.

>RL Supplies seem good, but have a pretty limited range.

Agreed.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk