[Gllug] OT : Credit cards in a MySQL Database

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Jun 17 11:08:27 UTC 2003

On Tue 17 Jun Calvin la Cock wrote:
> How can I safely safe credit card details in MySQL ? or any other sensitive
> information ? encryption ??

If the software is going to be able to decrypt the data, then an
attacker will.  Once someone is on the box, they've got those numbers.
You really need to concentrate on securing the server that holds the
data.

doug.

--
If only God would give me some sign...a clear sign ! Like making a
large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank. -- Selections from the Allen