[Gllug] Tips on cassette tape -> ogg transfer

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Sat Jun 28 14:36:57 UTC 2003

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 03:22:57PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:

> I'm trying to convert some old demo tapes to Oggs. I can record them
> from the line-in socket (although they don't sound very good). Does
> anyone have any tips on how to get better quality, and what Linux
> software to use to cut up the WAVs/Oggs into tracks?

I use gramofile to convert LPs, cassettes and sound from video clips
into CDs.

The most tricky part has been getting the recording level right, but I
have achieved impressive results.

gramofile has scratch filters and such things, and track splitting. I
would recommend you give it a try.

(It's free.)

--
Phil Reynolds (new PGP key as of 01/05/2003)
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk