[Gllug] Access Database to MySQL / PostreSQL

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Jun 12 15:48:35 UTC 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> I have a few Access databases that are used to run a company's
> information flow.  (The whole company depends upon them)
>
> These databases are the last item preventing a move for 200 desktops
> from Windows to Linux.
>
> If I could migrate the data to an FLOSS database with a web front end it
> would make life much easier.

There are scripts/tools freely available to convert databases from Access
to MySQL and PgSQL.

The only thing to check first is the database design as not all field
types are supported in the same manner.

Freshmeat should yield the appropriate tools or a Google search.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign up now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk