[Gllug] Preparing large hard disk for Debian install

Taylor James James.Taylor at lbhf.gov.uk
Tue Jun 17 10:44:47 UTC 2003

[Sent for the second time as I don't think it went to the list the first
time - apologies if you are receiving this for the second time]

Hello all,

I just bought a 180GB hard disk, and partitioned it for dual booting linux
and windows using fdisk.

Having installed windows on the primary partition (80GB), I tried installing
Debian on the second partition but the tool the installer uses to create and
format linux partitions (cfdisk) wont run and gives an error (something
like): "FATAL ERROR: Bad primary partition 1: Partition ends after
end-of-disk". I'm guessing it just doesn't support large hard disks. So
basically, what tool(s) should I use to prepare my linux partition before
starting the Debain installation? The user-friendlier the better!

Cheers,

--
james

The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or
entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that
is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete from your system.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk