[Gllug] OT: step down transformers 230->110?

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 08:04:20 UTC 2003

On Monday 09 Jun 2003 2:03 am, Simon A. Boggis wrote:

> I strongly suspect that you'll find what you need at RS
> (http://rswww.com/) - always found them very good, and they used to
> deliver very reliably. If you need it pdq they have trade counters in
> london - most central one is Bow (I think).

//snip//

In my experience - RS is the LAST supplier to try, as they're the most
expensive (apart from Maplin)!  www.Farnell.com are generally cheaper, and
have the same delivery times as RS.

Your power supplies MAY be either switchable 110 / 230 V (the ones in most of
my boxes are), or may be autoswitching - most of the more modern SMPSUs will
work on any voltage from about 85 V ac or dc  to at least 250 V ac or dc.
Frequency isn't an issue, as the PSU first rectifies the incoming supply
before driving an oscillator (usually at a couple of hundred of kilohertz).

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk