[Gllug] Postfix commands

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 08:46:41 UTC 2003

exim -bp  mailq --- The mailq is relevant as it gives your the email IDs.

exim -M emailID  force delivery of named message

exim -qf  Force another queue run

exim -qff  Force another queue run and attempt to flush frozen messages

exim -Mvl messageID View Log for message

exim -Mvb messageID  View Body for message

exim -Mrm messageID  ReMove message (no errors sent)

exim -Mg messageID  Give up and fail message, message bounces to sender

These are a small sample of the commands available for the control of messages under exim, which make manipulation of the mail queue very easy.

I have a server running postfix that has a stack of mail not being delivered.  I have more than 200 messages in the queue.

I have searched the terrible postfix docs and only found other people asking for postfix commands, yet no answers.  Does any one know if there are any commands that can be issued to postfix, rather than just a blunt flush?

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk