[Gllug] OT Old laptop hard drive

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Fri Jun 20 21:49:37 UTC 2003

Hi all

I've got a hard drive from an old Toshiba laptop (circa 1994). The laptop is
now fully defunct, but the drive has some data on it I'd really like to
access. It always reported as an IDE device, and has a connector similar to
(but smaller than) a standard IDE connector (complete with missing pin for
location) but no power connector. There are 44 pins on the connector
(including the missing locator pin) so I figure some (?4) are for power.

Anyway, my query is, am I likely to be able to plug this up to a standard IDE
interface to read the drive? Any help or pointers would be appreciated..

Cheers

Dylan

--
Sweet moderation