[Gllug] Access Database to MySQL / PostreSQL

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Jun 12 16:47:51 UTC 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> While I know of the tools there are few details of how successfully they
> work.

My experience of migrating a medium size (50MB) Access database to MySQL
was very pleasant. The database migration was very straight forward
indeed.

This was for the management database of a fairly large school.

> Following which I guess it is just a metter of sticking a web front end
> on it :-)

That should be the case yes. Doing so should be fairly straight forward
using perl or php (or python if you are so inclined) and apache.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign up now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk