[Gllug] Wrong ADSL modem/router?

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Mon Mar 31 21:50:50 UTC 2003

I have just bought the Nokia IP 55 (from eBay.co.uk) which is also sold as the "Webramp 600i"

<http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2002/q3/nokia-ip55.asp>

This will do DNS, DHCP and all that stuff. It has 4 RJ-11 Ethernet ports, and is a full blown *modem* and router. Driverless with web based admin interface.

You can buy the Checkpoint Firewall, but I think that may set me back a few hundred dollars!

I also have an Alcatel USB talking to an iBook (MacOS 8.6) just for fun (until the Nokia arrives:-)

And Demon ADSL (Express Solo) arrived today. Cute.

gordo

--
Linux User No. 256022///
http://pobox.com/~gordo/