[Gllug] Sharp Zaurus

Edward Tandi ed at efix.biz
Mon Mar 31 19:49:35 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 20:29, David Irvine wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 17:55, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 05:55:00PM +0100, danny wrote:
> > > this is a dangerous list!! i never knew
> > > the zaurus existed until today now i am
> > > getting that "i want one too!!" feeling.
> > > is the 5600 the best at the moment?
> > > Brad
> >
> > Posted from the Zaurus :-)
> >

> > I've installed ssh which makes it a lot more
> > useful. So yes danny get one :-)
> >
> Yes they are scarily addictive, i've got one on loan for a few days to
> test (i want gps drive, kismet, and an irc client in the car.) and its
> just soooooooo nice. I've got it usb linked into the pc in the boot, its
> just plug and play, got a link up, just using it as a glorified mp3
> player is worth it. oh not to mention its shinnneeey.
>
> Cheapest i've found so far is microwarehouse and dabs for 203 all in
> and 199+vat respectively.  Not sure if microwarehouse one comes with
> docking station or not yet though.

I too have been seduced. I got mine from:

http://www.digiuk.com/

I took advantage of their "free extra docking station" offer for
199+vat. That gave me two docking stations, one for home and one for
work :-) . Now I just need an extra charger.

Unfortunately, they don't appear to be doing that special deal any more.

Ed-T.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk