[Gllug] Keystroke logging

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Fri Mar 14 17:42:29 UTC 2003

Steve Cobrin writes:

>So the basic answer is, its difficult, but not be necessary, sudo should
>be sufficient to log commands, or at least give you a heads-up on who
>was doing what, when something goes wrong.

No, it's necessary. Pointless, but necessary (corporate security policy...).
Of course, you and I both know that anyone with root access can subvert most
keystoke logging systems anyway, but that's beside the point. And yes, it
has to be full keystroke logging, not just a list of which commands were
run.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk