[Gllug] Wrong ADSL modem/router?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 16 23:30:41 UTC 2003

   Most important, the majority of ADSL filters are cheap and nasty, and do
not have sufficient space for a reasonable filter network, so save yourself
some problems and get either a BT approved filter unit or a replacement
front for the standard BT box to full BT spec. They are only a fraction more
expensive.
   In my opinion the best place for the ADSL modem is at the BT termination
box. BT do say that it is possible to place filters on all phone extensions
around the building so that you can move the ADSL modem where you like, but
they do not do that themselves. I have an external single output modem at
the incoming BT termination, linked by cat5 cable to the reset of my kit.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk