[Gllug] Priracy.

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Tue Mar 4 14:34:58 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 12:29, Dermot Moynihan wrote:
> Speaking as a newcomer who would dearly love to get away from Windows and
> move to Linux, the problem with Linux is simply that it's difficult and
> consequently very time consuming.
I don't agree.
My own distro of choice, Redhat, is easy to install and recognises a
whole range of hardware.
And look at the recent GLLUG threads on Knoppix - how easy it is to work
with, adn how it recognises a wide range of hardware.

Those who object to Gates and his ilk are
> unable to find people amongst their mates who will show them how to use
> Linux because the mates themselves don't know.

This will change, as a new generation of students graduate from college,
and as more businesses adopt Linux.
And, hey, Linux User Groups are growign bigger :-)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk