[Gllug] CarCam

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 15:59:32 UTC 2003

John Southern wrote:
> Having been in a small car bump on Friday, I would now like to add a couple of
> web-cams to my car.
> I would like one rear facing - Think it maybe useful for reversing
> I would like one forward facing.
>
> The latter I want to use as a recorder of trips. The idea being - it films a
> car journey on to hard disk and should anything odd happen (car accident,
> aliens land etc) I would be able to keep a copy to use (for insurance, to
> earn millions in the newspapers etc).
>
> Anyone tried this ?
> Any obvious problems?
> Mounting points (inside or out) ?
> What would the min spec of a laptop be ?

I am seeking to put a DVD player in the car including an ogg / mp3
player.  I thought I would also be able to stick a wireless card in it
so that I could transfer files easily from the house and have the hard
drive permanently fixed.

Have a look at http://www.mini-itx.com - there are some lovely fanless
boards there.

Kind regards