[Gllug] Authentication off Novell via LDAP

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 10:03:36 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am looking at doing logon authentication (ie checking a password) against the password
held on a Novell system, talking to the Novell system via LDAP/PAM.

Has anyone done this ?
What problems did you have ?
What config did you have to do ?
I will also use LDAP to give me the users' email address.

Can anyone tell me what the Novell LDAP schema looks like ?

One thing that I want to avoid is changing the current user setup mechanism (which happens on Novell)
and for the users to only have one password (ie I don't want separate Novell and webmail passwords).

Cheers

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>