[Gllug] Postfix -> SMTP

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Wed Mar 5 11:16:07 UTC 2003

Jason Clifford writes:

>It's called "relayhost" in postfix which is a little more intuitive being
>the host you relay email through.

Ahhh, but what's intuitive to one person is downright confusing to
another. Take, for example GIMP. I find its interface completely
intuitive and easy to use. Yet my other third finds it difficult
to the point of unusability. It all boils down to perspective.

In this particular case, a smart host is somewhere that has sufficient
intelligence to know how to deliver mail that the local "dumb" host
doesn't. Pretty obvious, I'd say. You'd probably argue not because you're
used to SMTP terminology. But someone who isn't wouldn't necessarily
think the same way.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk