[Gllug] I QUIT

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Fri Mar 14 08:28:08 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Jonathan Harker wrote:

> I'm disappointed to have to leave because there are some nice folks
> here, but I just can't be bothered dealing with all the reckless abuse
> that goes on in this forum. Fine, sure, perhaps I rise to the bait too
> much and feed the troll, and yes, sure, I should filter said troll, but
> I don't see why I should have to.

Neither do you have to do anything other than "D" posts from those people.

> In my opinion this list should be monitored or subscription-only so that
>   poisonous posts or people can simply be bounced or kicked off.

You really believe that you have a right to censor other peoples' posts?

This is a general discussion mailing list. The occassional flame wars
arise largely because people care passionately about the subjects under
discussion. That is a good thing.

David's posts have not been abusive - rude is not abusive. He certainly
does not deserve to be demonised as seems to have been the intention of a
very small number of people on the list.

> Currently, this is the rudest online forum I've ever been a part
> of to date, and I've been around.

Really? If you really have been around then I am surprised at that.

> $DEITY knows what newbies or new
> subscribers must think. I know a number of people who have also left in
> disgust, but haven't said so and just slipped away.

For the most part discussions here are very helpful. As I write above it's
a general discussion list though so occassionally things go at a tangent.
It's entertaining.

> It's up to you remaining folks to do something about it, but I've had
> enough.

That's a shame. I hope you reconsider. If you don't, enjoy life.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/		Get the T-Shirt Now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk