[Gllug] .htaccess type question

Adrian McMenamin Adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 3 21:15:31 UTC 2003

I am running an mysql based web application via perl/CGI on a linux box
(apache 1.3 on Red Hat 7.3) NB I am not using mod_perl.

I want to let my admins cycle through/edit/delete/update records via the
web (some/most are Windows based, some/me are Linux based).

Is there a way I can authenticate them similar to .htaccess - ie login
once. I suppose I could do that via mysql itself, but would prefer not
to - I don't like the idea of exposing database security via the
database itself, though maybe that is silly...

Any ideas?

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk