[Gllug] Quantum LPS540 drive

Adrian McMenamin Adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 20:16:55 UTC 2003

Don't suppose there is anybody out there with one of these beasts (or
similar) just lying around unused? I bought mine 9 years ago and long
ago (AFAIK) chucked out the terminating resistors (it's a SCSI drive).

I have been using it in a wireless router box, but as it was incorrectly
terminated it was continually bringing the box down (again AFAIK).

It would be a shame not to be able to use it - especially on this box,
where the IDE drive is 89% used up - and so if anyone had terminators
hanging around that would Be Good.

I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd try. (If anybody has
experience with these things and think I've got it wrong when I think I
need two  oddly shaped terminating resistors, please let me know!)

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk