[Gllug] Quantum LPS540 drive

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 22:46:32 UTC 2003

On Sun 23 Mar, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> Don't suppose there is anybody out there with one of these beasts (or
> similar) just lying around unused? I bought mine 9 years ago and long
> ago (AFAIK) chucked out the terminating resistors (it's a SCSI drive).
>
> I have been using it in a wireless router box, but as it was incorrectly
> terminated it was continually bringing the box down (again AFAIK).
>
> It would be a shame not to be able to use it - especially on this box,
> where the IDE drive is 89% used up - and so if anyone had terminators
> hanging around that would Be Good.
>
> I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd try. (If anybody has
> experience with these things and think I've got it wrong when I think I
> need two  oddly shaped terminating resistors, please let me know!)
>
> Adrian

   A range of SCSI cables and terminators are available from Slough,
http://www.netshop.co.uk
   Many SCSI adaptors have two connectors and are designed to sit within a
length of SCSI cable. Two terminations are required, one on each end of the
chain. Each can be an independant terminator, or any device with an integral
terminator. There is usually a terminator on the SCSI adaptor itself,
selectable if it is at either end of the chain.
   An external adaptor is available to extend an internal cable on to
external SCSI devices such as a scanner. This can provide the option of two
different external connectors in a SCSI 2 chain.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk