[Gllug] BMC Patrol & Nagios.....

Tony Smith a.smith at qut.edu.au
Fri Mar 28 07:04:39 UTC 2003

Tethys,

Hi there!

I am sorry to bother you but I came across your name whilst doing a google
search for BMC Patrol & Nagios!

I am currently trying to chase some info on what sort of resources people
have needed to administer System Monitoring setups using both of the above
products.

We are a BMC site currently and we are having trouble getting a real feel
for exactly what sort of staff resources are needed to use Patrol
effectively. The constant grind of new version/architectures coming out of
BMC along with the overhead of the day to day running is really putting a
strain on our section.

So as you have had experience with both could you possibly supply me with
some info like:

+ What staff resources were dedicated to Patrol?
+ How many servers were you monitoring with Patrol?
+ How many different OS platforms were involved?
+ Comparing Patrol to Nagios - How much better or worse was one over the other?

Thanks for your time and I appreciate any effort that you could go to in
helping me out!!

Thanks again,
Tony Smith

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk