[Gllug] Notes from InstallFest talk: Free Software Story

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 16:18:38 UTC 2003

On 2003-03-13 15:02:30 +0000 Tethys <tet at accucard.com> wrote:

> What you've got on the site is irrevocably broken

I know that.  I just wondered if someone had seen this output error
before and could tell me the solution.  Searching around hasn't helped
yet.

> I'm guessing the problem is with htlatex, but I'm afraid
> I don't know what you'd need to do to prod it to produce the correct
> output... You might want to try ltoh or latex2html instead.

It's probably a case of me giving the wrong options to htlatex, or
rather not giving hardly any options to it.

I think both ltoh and latex2html are fundamentally broken concepts,
while tex4ht uses the TeX formatting engine itself, so can output
arbitrary graphics without pain.  I've not had this problem with it
before, so I'm willing to believe it's fixable until proved otherwise.

MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef at jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk