Is NOT anymore : [Gllug] Stop the War march this Saturday 22nd

Roger Whittaker roger at suse.co.uk
Tue Mar 18 11:01:12 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Doug Winter wrote:

> You can't expect everyone to share your political views just because
> they choose the same computing platform.

No, you can't: however, as I was meaning to say when this thread started,
there is a continuum of concerns which people on the list have as a result
of their interest in and commitment to Linux.  For instance, there are
quite often posts here regarding such things as electronic privacy issues,
identity cards, Microsoft's licencing policies, software patents and more.

The war is part of that continuum of issues, and the wider effects of the
war will in fact have impacts on (probably) all of the above.

--

Roger Whittaker
SuSE Linux Ltd

  020 8846 3923