[Gllug] [OT] Hardware

Kristian Davies kristian at ELIXIR-STUDIOS.CO.UK
Tue Mar 18 11:02:07 UTC 2003

I think most equiptment now days can do both voltages so it shouldnt be a
problem, just make sure it does 100/240v i think.

I bet TFT screen are cheaper in the US...just guessing but..

-Kristian

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hearns [mailto:jhearns at freesolutions.net]
Sent: 18 March 2003 10:47
To: gllug at linux.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Gllug] [OT] Hardware

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 22:37, Liam Delahunty wrote:
> A pal of mine is moving over to England from the US. He is a web designer
> (designer rather than programmer) and has a pretty high end machine.
>
> I thought it'd might be more cost effective for him to buy a new (to him)
> monitor from an auction, but still to bring over his "brain".

To use a US monitor you would need a step-down transformer.
I'm not sure of the 50Hz/60Hz frequence makes any difference - does
anybody know?
I think you are right - get a monitor here.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk

The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk