[Gllug] Keystroke logging

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Mar 14 14:35:38 UTC 2003

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 12:55:40PM +0000, Tethys wrote:
> Note that I'm not interested in physical devices that sit between the
> machine and keyboard -- none of these machines have keyboards at all,
> and are accessed either via the network or a serial console.

In which case I'm pretty sure that you can't distinguish "keystrokes",
because all you're getting is input to tty X.  There's nothing to
distinguish that input stream from any other.  You can spy on the input
to ttys, though, using ttysnoop.

http://www.geckil.com/~harvest/tcpip-docs/ttysnoop.html

This is probably what you need.

--