[Gllug] Postfix -> SMTP

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 16:30:37 UTC 2003

Dear Tethys,

My MUA is set up to use /usr/sbin/sendmail.  As far as I can
see, this uses SMTP to put the message in a place where
Postfix can find it.  Postfix does this, and all its usual
stuff, before using SMTP to send the message to my mail hub.

I'm trying to avoid this additional processing by getting
the first sendmail to send the message directly to the mail
hub.  This was the behaviour I had with RH 7.3 and old
sendmail.

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /