[Gllug] frustrated with Linux

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 07:43:21 UTC 2003

On Sat 01 Mar, Steve Nicholson wrote:

> skip to questions at end if you don't want to read about my problems.
> <rant on>
> I'm getting tired of having to spend a lot of time reading doc's messing
> with files etc. just to get the basics working on my computer.  I

> I like Debian and the idea was to use the same system on my desktop as
> on our servers so it was easier for me learn and keep on top of things
> on the server.  But now we have most of our stuff on a managed server

   I have been getting to know Debian, and I have found that a completely
new installation of bf24 is much easier than their previous versions. If you
need to boot from floppies make sure that you have the latest versions of
both the bf24 rescue and boot/root discs, then start with their suggested
initial setup using tasksel.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk