[Gllug] Apache 2

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Sat Mar 1 17:12:21 UTC 2003

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 02:10:40PM +0000, Jonathan wrote:
> Has anyone got any success/grief/war stories about using Apache 2 on linux
> rather than 1.3? Specifically, is anyone else having a spot of bother getting
> PHP to work? I'm hoping to get it to work, as I also want to play with
> mod_mono which is Apache 2 only, for running my ASP.NET work stuff.

PHP on Apache2 is still classed as experimental.  I personally found
problems with pages not being served on an apparently random basis.
There are things that Apache2 does much better but I won't be using it
for PHP yet.

--
Bruce

A problem shared brings the consolation that someone else is now
feeling as miserable as you.