[Gllug] Unbelievable mail cockup again and again

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Mar 17 11:37:42 UTC 2003

On Fri 14 Mar, Formi bloviated thus:

>  Personally I'm thinking of moving to one of the domain names I own,
>  hosted on a machine I run, and ditching by email for ever. And then let
>  that account to fill up for ever.

Those crappy old email accounts are actually worth continuing.  They
make great seeds for Bayesian spam filters.  Since they're older, they
tend to be earlier in the spam lists so you can just automagically
filter them out when they get around to your "real" email address.

I do this with an old one hosted on a non-RBL using server which I
used to use for USENET.  It gets stacks of spam, and I no longer do :)

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Warning - Contains nuts!