[Gllug] Recruit scum

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Sun Mar 16 11:44:22 UTC 2003

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 04:44:26PM +0000, David Damerell wrote:
> On Friday, 14 Mar 2003, Tethys wrote:
> >Yes, they want to do that. But I *don't* want them to, and I'm certainly
> >not going to make their lives any easier. I've been in too many situations
> >where they've rewritten parts of my CV ("to sound better"), as well as
> >just removing the contact details.
>
> Friends of mine who get jobs via pimps (I never have, although I've
> had one or two interviews that way) suggest you bring a paper copy of
> your CV as you have it, and first-thing ask to see what the pimp sent
> them; if they've got any experience of job-hunting themselves, they'll
> understand why.

<flame>
Have people ever thought that they might get a better response from job
agencies if they changed their attitude towards them.  Calling them
pimps and demonising them is not going to get them on your side.

Admittedly some people working in job agencies I would like to go to
work on with a baseball bat and a cigarette lighter. ;-)
</flame>

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk