[Gllug] How to do a 'make install'

Eric Lee ericlee at labourstart.org
Mon Mar 10 19:04:56 UTC 2003

I've downloaded, unzipped and untarred the spca50x video for Linux
driver which is supposed to work with my Intel CS330 webcam.  Only
problem is, the Readme says to use 'make install' to do an 'automatic
installation'.  I've tried several different permutations of this, have
moved the untarred file spca50x-0.30.o to various places (e.g.,
/usr/src), but when I try to run make or make install I get 'No rule to
make target install.  Stop' and similar error messages.

OK, I admit -- I have no idea what 'make' does and can't find much in
the way of explanation in my various Linux books.

Anyone have any idea what to do?

Thanks.

Eric

--