[Gllug] Priracy.

Christian Smith csmith at micromuse.com
Thu Mar 6 17:55:40 UTC 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, David Damerell wrote:

>On , 4 Mar 2003, John Hearns wrote:
>>On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 17:36, David Damerell wrote:
>>>You can believe what you like, but if you want your beliefs to relate
>>>to reality you should examine;
>>Can we please agree to disagree?
>
>About what RMS says? No. That's a matter of plain fact which you may
>confirm for yourself.

Given your argument, RMS should have no problem with me copying GNU
software and not respecting the GPL? GNU software is copyright, and can
only be distributed with restrictions imposed by the copyright owner. To
ignore those restrictions (the GPL in this case) would not go down well
with RMS at all.

While RMS may not agree with most software licenses, I don't think he'd
encourage people to violate the licenses any more than his own GPL.

Christian

--
"I've started referring to the proposed action against Iraq as Desert
Storm 1.1, since it reminds me of a Microsoft upgrade: it's expensive,

    /"\
    / \

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk