[Gllug] Re: Problems with modem

Tiago Menezes t.menezes at tm.uklinux.net
Thu Mar 13 12:16:34 UTC 2003

Hi Dave,

I don't think it's something to do with the particular ISP that I'm
using. I've tried to connect to different ISPs (UKLinux and Freeserve,
to name 2 that have Linux support) and I always get the same sort of
problem.

I've been reading the information from the GLLUG archives pointed out to
me by Dermot Moynihan.

I've used minicom and the modem is OK. Maybe I'm doing something daft
(in fact, I'm sure I am) with the set up of the home network. Maybe
something to do with the gateway or a default route via the Ethernet card.

The problem still happens despite having swapped RedHat 7.2 for Mandrake
9.0 (on a desperate attempt at a quick fix). This is now developing all
the simptoms of a late night looking at the screen coming this weekend...

Thanks for the tip anyway,

Tiago

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk