[Gllug] Priracy.

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Mar 4 12:44:28 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, 4 Mar 2003, Peter Childs wrote:
>	Linux is never going to replace Windows until people start
>replising that Software Piracy is a real crime and is exactly the same as
>Stealling.

No, it's not. Don't conflate copyright violation and theft; that's a
piece of rhetoric the IPR lobby has visited on us.

Futhermore, I don't think this is true in the corporate server space,
where the cost of licences is small compared to the losses if a system
is unreliable (and also where there is a tendency to be paying for
expensive commercial Linux distributions).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk