[Gllug] Red Hat 8.0 Intel Ham Voice Modem

Walid Shaari Walid at melinux.com
Sat Mar 15 20:50:53 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 20:28, Marko R wrote:
> I somehow managed to get everything working on my Red
> Hat 8.0 except the frigging modem. I have to say i got
> loads of help from #gllug channel.I think Red Hat 8.0
> is amazing.I found the drivers for my modem on Intel's
> web site and i put the on the floppy and i went trough
> readme.txt file (modem: Intel Ham Voice Data Fax
> Modem)
> and did the first step and second step and i unzipped
> it and then i cd into the directory i typed make clean
> and everything seems to be ok but when i typed make
> ham i got an error
> Error:
> module precompile check
> Current running kernel is: 2.4.18-14
> /lib/modules.... autoconf.h do not exist please
> install kernel source make:...[check] Error 1
It is asking you to install the kernel sources
you can do this using redhat package management RPM
the package you need is kernel-2.4.18-14.src.rpm
can be found in any of redhat ftp mirrors/use redhat up2date/ ximian
red-carpet what ever floats your boat.

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/8.0/en/os/i386/SRPMS//kernel-2.4.18-14.src.rpm

to install it you run :
rpm -ivh kernel-2.4.18-14.src.rpm

i: install
v: verbosity
h: to show you the progess in terms of # symbols

hth

Walid

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk