[Gllug] Red Hat 8.0 Intel Ham Voice Modem

Marko R markoradi at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 20:28:43 UTC 2003

I somehow managed to get everything working on my Red
Hat 8.0 except the frigging modem. I have to say i got
loads of help from #gllug channel.I think Red Hat 8.0
is amazing.I found the drivers for my modem on Intel's
web site and i put the on the floppy and i went trough
readme.txt file (modem: Intel Ham Voice Data Fax
Modem)
and did the first step and second step and i unzipped
it and then i cd into the directory i typed make clean
and everything seems to be ok but when i typed make
ham i got an error
Error:
module precompile check
Current running kernel is: 2.4.18-14
/lib/modules.... autoconf.h do not exist please
install kernel source make:...[check] Error 1
Driver Souce:
http://www.intel.com/design/modems/support/drivers/linux/Intel-v92ham.htm

P.S I am not every experianced with Linux so please
try to be as precise as possible.
Thanks everyone

http://webhosting.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk