[Gllug] Wireless ADSL modems

David Irvine Maillist at glasgownet.com
Tue Mar 18 11:37:10 UTC 2003

Hello

Has anybody tried using a wireless ADSL router?  I've recently moved
house and the phone line is a long way away from anywhere I can get
cables to, I plan on getting a wireless router which will reside on
subnet 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

My normal (modem) firewall will then be given an ip on 192.168.1.0 as
well as 192.168.10.0 which is my normal internal network.

That way my normal firewall would still act as my main router/firewall
and NAT for 192.168.10.0 but it would just forward on to the wireless
router.

So that leads me to a couple of questions,

1) Has anybody used a wireless adsl router, they start from about 120 on
dabs and work up to about 200UK.

2) How successful has portforwarding been?

TIA

David

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk