[Gllug] [OT] BT Beaten by Dog Food Can

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Fri Mar 7 14:34:24 UTC 2003

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 12:04:14PM +0000, Mick Farmer wrote:
> Dear Steve and fellow GLLUGers,
>
> According to Rob Flickenger's book, "Building Wireless
> Community Networks", a Pringles can is ideal.  There's a
> picture and a parts list on p.83!

Yip seen that one, seattle wireless site has lots of good info too.  I
have made some high gain antennas using the camping cups but haven't had
a chance to test them.  They have been designed with local conditions in
mind as it is to go up on a hill behind my parents house.  Unfortunately
as I said I haven't had a chance to use them as I found my problem
wasn't going to be getting the signal 11Kms from town to farm but
getting power 500m up to the repeater site:).  Well getting it there
cost effectively that is.  It's still on the project plan for when I go
home next.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk