[Gllug] Mail client + M$ Exchange

Matthew Thompson matt at actuality.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 12:34:32 UTC 2003

Neil Fryer wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Apart from Ximian Evolution, is there any way to connect to our Exchange
>server to get my mail, and if so where the hell can I find some info on
>this, as my Google searches just keep giving me links to the Ximian site.
>The Exchange box is running IMAP, but I have no idea how to set up my
>username on the linux side, as my Windows network username is nfryer, but
>when I use this, and my passwd, I get denied?

On the Exchange box you will have an alias - this needs to be set to the
same as your username for IMAP logon to work.

Have a word with your Exchange administrator to find this out.

It may also be necessary, depending on the network setup of your
organisation, to prefix the username with your domain name.

M at t :o)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk