[Gllug] Mail client + M$ Exchange

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Wed Mar 26 12:31:18 UTC 2003

On Wed 26 Mar Neil Fryer wrote:
> Apart from Ximian Evolution, is there any way to connect to our Exchange
> server to get my mail, and if so where the hell can I find some info on
> this, as my Google searches just keep giving me links to the Ximian site.
> The Exchange box is running IMAP, but I have no idea how to set up my
> username on the linux side, as my Windows network username is nfryer, but
> when I use this, and my passwd, I get denied?

The exchange IMAP works, but it does some really broken things with
mailbox naming.  If the mailboxes have different names to the usernames,
it guesses what your mailbox name is using some broken and secret
algorithm.

If your mailbox names are different from your username try logging in
with an IMAP username of DOMAIN/USERNAME/MAILBOX.  This should work for
attaching to other people's mailboxes, if you have rights on them, too.

Cheers,

Doug.

http://www.britishsteal.com                        doug at pigeonhold.com
1024D/6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
A though expressed is a lie -- Fedor Tyutchev