[Gllug] Mozilla 1.3 SRPM on RedHat 7.2

James de Lurker jtl2nospamMUNGIEjump at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 09:14:43 UTC 2003

James de Lurker wrote:

>   I was hoping that someone might be able to shed some light
> on why the latest 1.3-0 Redhat Packaged SRPM release won't work on
> my RedHat 7.2 System. [..]

Though the contributions from Huw and Tet are interesting, they have
done nothing to answer this problem! Which seems to be something
fundamental on RedHat.

Other Redhat users might want to use the packaged SRPM from the mozilla
site. On the mozilla newsgroup, I see that someone else has exactly
the same issue with RedHat 8.0 (appended below)

Clearly, it isn't something specific to my setup, or RedHat version.

Are there any RedHat / experience rpm / mozilla user folks in here that
can throw up some cogent ideas to fix the problem with the new mozilla
package?

The issue is likely more fundamental - something to do with the RedHat
environment itself that is now a problem for 1.3

Here is the post from netscape.public.mozilla.browser: