[Gllug] Perl question, but it is a linux server!

Adrian McMenamin Adrian.McMenamin at britainineurope.org.uk
Thu Mar 27 17:59:26 UTC 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> I would like to put 'no cache' in the headers for a page generated by perl
> and I am not using the CGI module.
>
> Googling has produced lots of evil :-> python code, but none in lovely
perl.

It's not actually a "No Cache" option you want for the headers but rather
an Expires one. See below for an example set of headers...

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:27:02 GMT
Server: Crazy Perl Script that doesn't use CGI
Expires: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:27:03 GMT
Connection: close

Hey! When the CGI module properly supports CSS I'll use it!