[Gllug] Recruit scum

Shevek gllug at anarres.org
Sat Mar 15 14:07:34 UTC 2003

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 01:00:53AM +0000, Pete wrote:
> >
> > Actually, an rtf file named cv.rtf is *not* readable by Word[1], whereas,
> > the exact same file, named cv.doc actually is.  The truth is stranger than.
> >
> > Possibly misunderstanding you,
> > Pete
> >
> > [1] Note that I haven't used MS Word for about four or five years, so this
> > may have changed.
>
> You must have been using a *very* old version from an alternate universe,
> then.  Word has had native support for RTF since version 1.0.  They tout
> the format as one of their innovations.

However, it was the case that it would only read RTF files where the
maximum text line length was about 256 or 512. Larger than that and Word
would crash. I wonder if this allows us to do a buffer overrun from RTF?

S.

--
Shevek                                    http://www.anarres.org/
I am the Borg.                         http://design.anarres.org/