[Gllug] IBM Thinkpad 600 and 2.5.65

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Wed Mar 26 09:00:37 UTC 2003

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 08:10:03AM -0000, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> Anybody managed to get this (or similar) combination to work.
>
> After two days of compiling, resetting options etc, all I get is
> "uncompressing kernel" and then a freeze.

Sounds like this may be the following issue with console configuration,
although if it isn't put your config up somewhere and I'll have a peek.
Do you have the following enabled in your .config?

CONFIG_VT=y
CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y

I quote Duncan Sands from lkml

"Most likely you chose to compile the input system as a module, which
caused the console options to be autohorribly deselected.  Just say 'y'
for the input subsystem, at which point the console options will
reappear, letting you select them."

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=20030219100016%242168%40gated-at.bofh.it

Also for other gotchas seek http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt

hth

Paul
--
An original IBM 4.77MHz PC reports 0.7 bogomips running Linux 8086, but
can still run a webserver! - Alan Cox  http://elks.sourceforge.net/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk